Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 July 2019

Anxious for Nothing: Finding Calm in a Chaotic ~ Max Lucado


Anxious for Nothing by Max Lucado

I started out with the audiobook narrated by Ben Holland which nosedived to a 2-*  after chapter one, so I skipped ahead to chapter four, then switched from audio to ebook at chapter six,  and ended up rating this book at 4+*
The first chapter had some really interesting, sobering, facts in it that I want to check out.  I then skipped through some of Max’s personal stories and over the ‘plan of salvation’ portion in part one of the audio and was then away again in chapter four (part 2 on audio).  Ben Holland and I absolutely had to part ways at chapter six or this book was going to hit the abandoned read stack.  His narration of this book is not a good fit for me, the content was easier to absorb and appreciate by reading it to myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Polite comments are welcomed :)

The number beside each book is my personal rating for the book, or audiobook, at the time of reading with the range being:

(1) = would not recommend,

(2) = some interesting aspects but not one of my recommended reads,

(3) = would recommend.

(4) = Really good, enjoyable, (or worthy) read, would definitely recommend

(5) = Excellent book, highly recommend