Search This Blog

Friday 28 December 2018

The Invisible Child: On Reading and Writing Books for Children ~ Katherine Paterson

(5)  Non-fiction   (book)   
I purposely wanted to sip read this so I could pause and ponder over the thoughts Katherine had originally crafted as acceptance speeches and were then gathered together as a collection to form this book.  I don’t think I would have enjoyed the speeches in a few solid reading sessions, one speech crammed in on top of the last four speeches would be a little bit like eating too many chocolate eclairs in one go.     I’ve unscored portions and jotted my own thoughts down throughout the book;  I’ll definitely be rereading The Invisible Child.  I’ve gained a greater understanding to the background of what birthed the thoughts behind Katherine's books which gives me a grudging respect for some of the titles that I have definitely had mixed feelings about …. maybe time for me to take a re-read of a few of those from a different vantage point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polite comments are welcomed :)

The number beside each book is my personal rating for the book, or audiobook, at the time of reading with the range being:

(1) = would not recommend,

(2) = some interesting aspects but not one of my recommended reads,

(3) = would recommend.

(4) = Really good, enjoyable, (or worthy) read, would definitely recommend

(5) = Excellent book, highly recommend