Search This Blog

Monday 23 April 2018

A Circle of Quiet ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Crosswicks Journal Series: Book 1     epukapuka copy  (4.5)
  
I found this to be an interesting and thought-provoking read. Some of L'Engle's thoughts are diametrically opposite to my own (ever developing) beliefs.  Portions of the prose are absolutely beautiful, and, if you're not easily offended by another's differing point of view about God, I'd recommend this for the language usage alone.  
I did come away a little unsure of whether L’Engle came to believe in God or not? 
She says early on in the book (pg147 of the e.book)  I was earnestly explaining to the young minister that I did not believe in God, “but I’ve discovered that I can’t live as though I didn’t believe in him.  As I long as I don’t need to say any more than that I try to live as though I believe in God, I would very much like to come to church – if you’ll let me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polite comments are welcomed :)

The number beside each book is my personal rating for the book, or audiobook, at the time of reading with the range being:

(1) = would not recommend,

(2) = some interesting aspects but not one of my recommended reads,

(3) = would recommend.

(4) = Really good, enjoyable, (or worthy) read, would definitely recommend

(5) = Excellent book, highly recommend